According to a famous theory by Marshall McLuhan, the medium is the message.
This being said, the medium is the channel through which the message, that makes up the content, is delivered to the audience.
The way that content is consumed now has led to a remarkable rise in the mediums available. Please note that internet can not be called a medium. Content consumption is now dependent on what form you desire to consume.
When it comes to creating content, there are three dimensions to consider.
One can equally apply tri-partite communications models to the dynamic, or simply descern how enaging the content actually is.
We have built campaign and content across a range of audiences, including specialist in terms of health conferences and training materials. We have also worked on numerous city festival events and art pop ups, even locally political campaigns so may well have something to add to any investigation or discussion.
We are currently developing a VR portfolio and have hard evidence (from the airline, real estate and hospitality industries for example) of increasing bottom line engagement using this medium.
And here is published data from Google.
Quantitative market research was conducted in July 2015 by an independent market research firm to understand the impact of virtual tours on increasing consumers’ interest in local businesses (specifically in booking a reservation at a hotel or restaurant).
Download overview [pdf]
- An online survey was conducted with consumers who had searched online for a restaurant or hotel within the previous 30 days (using any device).
- A total sample of 1201 respondents was collected between 21 July and 2 August 2015.
- Different versions of a local business listing (one for a hotel, the other for a restaurant) were created to include basic info, photos and/or a virtual tour (the same media were used to create each version).
- Respondents were asked to view one of the different versions for each business (in a randomised order). Each respondent viewed:
- 1 hotel listing + 1 restaurant listing; and
- 1 listing with a virtual tour + 1 listing without a virtual tour.
Note: Presentation of alternative listings were randomised evenly and consistently throughout the field.
- After viewing each listing, respondents were instructed to rate their interest in making a reservation.
- Ratings for alternative listings (with a tour versus without) were aggregated to understand the impact of virtual tours on interest in the featured business.
Various medium channels serve specific purposes.
One can go to Netflix to watch a movie or a TV show or Youtube to watch a music video, yet it is emerging as a seemingly valid news source via contributors channels. Mainstream news is now readily available online through parent sites of each publication. Sites such as Facebook are a social scrapbook that you use to tell people about your life, keep in touch and feed marketeers multi thousand data point profiles.
Online media is primarily referred to as applications as each channel of communication is a part of these applications.
When you talk about the relationship between content and medium, you consider the purpose for their creation, yet more so the actual traction.
One to one communication obviously includes letters, telephone calls, personal messages but has fallen under the frame of marketeers – “targetted communications”.
One to many communication includes radio, TV, E-mails, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.
Many to many communication primarily consists of forums such as Quora, voting systems, Wikipedia, etc.
Your medium is separate from your message. If at all, the way you want to put across your message helps you decide on the medium.
We have produced content and media for a host of UK and international audiences and are available to discuss your requirements.